The school was inaugurated by Mr. A.K. Basu, Chief Administrative Officer, North Eastern Railway. The new shifted to an abandoned tin shed of D.C.O.S Office at New Colony, Pandu. The tin shed was with muddy floor open on all sides, which was later on partitioned by makeshift bamboo fencing and the school start functioning Mr. Heramba Kumar Choudhury, took over as First Headmaster.
It was really a humble beginning of a school that was destined to engrave its name in golden letters in the realm of school education in the state of Assam.
In 1949, the school was shifted to a place in American Colony which is presently being used by Pandu College. The precise location is in the sylvan setting of Nilachal Hill. Mr. Heramba Kumar Choudhury, the first officiating Headmaster was on the verge of retirement. Mr. Heramba Kumar Chkraborty, B.A, B.T took over as new regular Headmaster and he was supported by the Assistant Headmaster Mr. Jogendra Dutta.
Affiliation of The Gauhati University, another mile stone could achieved due to untiring effort of Mr. Heramba Kumar Chkraborty and the first batch of students could appeared the Matriculation Examination a regular students in the year of 1950.
In 1950, 40 students appear in Matriculation Examination as regular students and 30 students came out successful.
It was 1951, another milestone was achieved, the school came out in the focal point when Sudhangshu Jyoti Dutta, son of the Assistant Headmaster hold the 10th Rank in the Matriculation Examination. (for Merit List Please Click Here)
Then onward there was no look back. On October 1950, Mr Parimal Chandra Dhar, B.A, B.T, Deputy Inspector of Schools took over as Headmaster. Mr. Parimal Chandra Dhar, a authoritarian disciplinarian and an erudite educationist, carved a deep impression in the minds of the students, the teachers and the guardians, which in fact the turnaround point of School.
Thereafter, Mr. D. N Saha, M.A, B.T served the school as Headmaster for a brief period of about one year and succeeded by Mr. Rabindra Kumar Mitra, B.A, B.T in August, 1953.
Continued to Page 3......